View Single Post
Old 01-13-2004, 11:54 AM   #194
Lyta_Underhill
Haunted Halfling

Location: an uncounted length of steps--floating between air molecules
Lyta_Underhill has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Quote:
I had a dream that most of you were making these up. Weird, huh?
Strictly speaking, that's absolutely true! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Our subconscious minds reorder the information that enters it. If looked at in this way, however, could we really say we make anything up? [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img] (Or on the other hand, do we make everything up?

To that end, my latest subconscious creation, although not involving a single LOTR character or actor: I dreamed I had an encounter with a small girl who appeared to be about 6 or 7, but who was in fact, a teenager (maybe a hobbit, but I didn't think of that until later). She told me that she could see a whole lot of people all around me and in the room we were in (we were the only people there to my eyes). Laid out on the bed was an ornate tunic in green and gold, and there were other accoutrements present that suggested the color scheme of Edoras or even of Rivendell. These pieces were of exquisite workmanship and suddenly appeared. I knew them for artifacts of Middle Earth. The girl knew them better than I...not much there, but it must be real somewhere! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Cheers,
Lyta
“…she laid herself to rest upon Cerin Amroth; and there is her green grave, until the world is changed, and all the days of her life are utterly forgotten by men that come after, and elanor and niphredil bloom no more east of the Sea.”
Lyta_Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote