View Single Post
Old 11-03-2003, 03:37 AM   #50
Neferchoirwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Neferchoirwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Neferchoirwen
Sting

Did this almost 6 months ago, and so it's high time...

Future Aspirations: I want to be a vocal bombshell of a theater actress who teaches literature at her former university...all of that after I finish my music degree in another university.

Goal(s) in life: To travel with whoever I'll marry, write a novel about about my crazy family, to play Elen in Miss Saigon and Eponine in Les Miz, to learn Elvish, to develop my voice into that of both a Celtic maiden and that of an AfricaN priestess.

Short term goals: To get a GOLD for my thesis. To kick-@$$ in an upcoming alumni concert (which is reminiscent of the Les Miz 10th anniv concert...) ----> I get the Eponine part.

Passion: Music and literature. Spirituality.

Hobbies: Reading, singing, origami...I colect bottles and use them to put my paper stars in them. Cute thing.

Famous for: being the one hit wonder in high school (not bad for an outsider who has something to prove, being the one who dresses very cool, for acing a paper about a play I only got to watch half of....

Fave book: Genesis, To Kill a Mockingbird, She's Come Undone, I Know Why the Caged bird Sings, How the Irish Saved Civilisation,

Fave movie: The Lion King, The Rundown, Magdalene Sisters, Gladiator, Beautiful Mind

Fave sport: I watch soccer (heh)

Fave store: bookstores, Body Shop, Tower Records, Amazon.com

Fave music: Dave Matthews is playing in my head right now! Dreamtheater, Yes, Jewel, Counting Crows, Hans Zimmerman, old school alternative (where've they all gone?), Yanni, Loreena McKennit, Tony Levin, Nora Jones

What you can't stand: bad stage management, tardiness, being told what to do, an off key in the distance...

What you plain dislike: wannabees who can't prove anything, karaoke/videoke, the smell of beer on my friends

Who you admire: Nora Jones, Benigno Aquino Jr, Martin Luther King, my bro--the music whiz kid, Bituin Escalante

What you most love to do: Yoga before dinner!

Your self-confessed flaws: I'm an insomniac, and it sucks. procrastination is so me, it makes me rot at dreaming!

What intrigues/fascinates you: vulnerable men (heh), history, Celtic spirituality, Genesis studies, Philippine folklore, the concept of time as the essence of imperfection....

What scares you: not going out and being with friends. not having to say what i want to say. not buying cds for two months! The thought of never ever getting a hug from anyone!

Quotation to live by: If God is for me, then who is against me?

Comments:
I often find myself caught between two pages of a thick book, or vocalizing to some Celtic tune. People say I rock. People say I'm beautiful. People say I'm loosing weight. People say I'm crazy...and I'm a sucker not to believe them. I'm a person who determines to reinvent herself and at the same time discover who I really am beneath this shell of a displaced Fil-Am. I am an older sister to many out of wisdom, a younger sister to some who have no one to have a laugh with. I'm really generally pensive, bordering on sad, but heck. Once I break into a few four-letter words out of outragous prayer, I'm fine. (it's between God and me, so if you don't mind...) I'd rather be called spiritual. If there's a bit of truth in this world, I can't find in myself because I tend to lie to myself, and it certainly can't be found in this world. I hate to follow the crowd, and so there you might find me: wearing orange when everyone else is in blue or black.

that's me.

[ November 03, 2003: Message edited by: Neferchoirwen ]
Neferchoirwen is offline   Reply With Quote