View Single Post
Old 03-13-2004, 11:34 AM   #67
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Finwe has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Finwe
I've had so many new things going on, that I think it's time for an update:

Name (that you go by): Finwë, Neeti, Kitten
Future Aspirations: become a child/adolescent psychiatrist, Tolkienologist, and an award-winning archer
Goal in life: to show the rest of the world that I'm just as good as them, if not better
Short term goals: win my next archery tournament (or at least get second place)
Passion: Archery, Writing, Middle-earth
Hobbies: Reading, Writing, Archery, Weapons, Fantasy, Archaeology, Medieval Esoterica, and Historical Fiction
Famous for (okay this is where you get to brag about yourself): inspiring poetry, being rather strong (for a girl, that is), being an arcer, being able to write extremely good essays in fifteen minutes, being able to talk my way out of anything

Fave book(s): LOTR, The Dark Is Rising, The Belgariad, anything by Judith Tarr
Fave movie: RotK, The Passion, Pirates of the Caribbean, Braveheart, Dogma, The Scorpion King, The 13th Warrior
Fave sport: Archery
Fave store: Barnes and Noble, Hot Topic
Fave music: Soundtracks to LotR

What you can't stand: Bullying, Bigotry, not being able to accept that you're wrong and that someone else is right
What you plain dislike: see above
Who you admire: Alexander the Great, Caesar, Attila the Hun, Fëanor, Galadriel, Aragorn
What you most love to do: read, practice archery, write poetry,
Your self-confessed flaws: arrogance, stubbornness, a tendency to take things seriously, an intense dislike of defeat (I can't stand to lose anything, even a game)
What intrigues/fascinates you: the human psyche (especially the minds of people like Alexander and Caesar), ancient history, weapons
What scares you: to be honest, not really anything. I'm not emotionally attached to much in this life. I'm not afraid of death any more, thanks to this Viking prayer that I found in The 13th Warrior and thanks to Lord of the Rings
Quotation to live by: "Lo, there do I see my father. Lo, there do I see my mother and my sisters and my brothers. Lo, there do I see the line of my people, back to the beginning. Lo, they do call to me. They bid me take my place among them. In the Halls of Valhalla, where the brave may live, forever."

Additional comments: No one should be afraid of death. A heroic death is the climax of a heroic life. A goal worth working towards.
But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.
Finwe is offline   Reply With Quote