View Single Post
Old 07-31-2002, 11:06 AM   #545
Naaramare
Wight

Naaramare has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Naaramare
Sting

Heh. Congrats, lmp; I'm still stuck on mine. My block hinges on the fact that the situation is extremely uncomfortable both for the people involved and for me as a writer (it's actually the kind of situation I try to avoid, personally . . . )

Copy/pasting from my dj, were I talked about it last night:

"I really need to work on BrM. I think my problem is that the next scene is just s'damned awkward, not because of a writing flaw, but because it's an awkward situation. I mean, here's my heroine, she's faced with the guy who walked away from her five years ago, who's life she just saved, and she has no idea what to do about it.

Not only that, but Puck ain't gonna help. Despite the fact that he seems okay, he's in an incredible amount of pain; iron poisoning causes microspasms for two days afterwards (I've beeen peeeestering Mum for medical details . . . I creeped her out by asking how much burn damage would be necessary on someone's lungs to kill them, and how long it'd take. XD), he's got enough bruises and other stuff . . .plus he knows she's angry with him, he knows she resents him, he's perfectly empathic enough to see all that; however, he knows a bunch of stuff that she doesn't, such as why he left. He's also aware that if she tries, she could make him stay . . .which would seriously endanger her. Really, he didn't mean to collapse at her door anyway, his instincts just took over. So he's going to try to irritate her enough for her to basically send him away again.

But I don't like those kinds of awkward situations. =P I hate them. So I hate writing them. So I'm procrastinating on writing the next bit, and when I try, I'm all distracted and stuff. It's irritating."

si man i yulma nin equantuva? [my blog]