Thread: Copyright...
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2001, 10:25 AM   #3
lindil
Seeker of the Straight Path

lindil has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<font face="Verdana"><table><TR><TD><FONT SIZE="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Seeker of the Straight Path
</TD><TD></TD></TR></TABLE>
Publishing a new Canon

I have no grand illusions about publishing the Silm in a new fashion.
I think that if it could be completed before CRT dies and come to his attention there is something between
0-2% chance he might approve and pull the needed levers.
My real hope is that it gets done and I have it privately printed and bound in 3 green Volumes entitled 'Translations from the Elvish' and can read it to my daughters .
It could also circulate privately amongst ourselves and maybe become a version used to decide questions of canon or as a base for fan-fiction.
I suppose a few private copies could be made and sold at auction or conventions.But the real motive in my mind is to get as close to a final Silmarillion as JRRT would if he were trapped on an Island w/ the 77,UT and HoME and could not add a word to the writings ,only cut and paste.

H-I best wishes on your georgian translation endeavor!

Lindil is often found on posting on the Silmarillion Project at the Barrowowns and working on his own board Osanwe-Kenta[/i]- 'The dwindling Men of the West would often sit up late into the night, and awaken early before dawn- exchanging lore and wisdom such as they possessed , so that they should not fall back into the mean and low estate of those , who never knew or more sadly still, had indeed rebelled against the Light.' </p>Edited by: <A HREF=http://www.barrowdowns.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_profile&u=00000076>lindil</A> at: 3/12/01 11:30:11 am
The dwindling Men of the West would often sit up late into the night exchanging lore & wisdom such as they still possessed that they should not fall back into the mean estate of those who never knew or indeed rebelled against the Light.