View Single Post
Old 07-27-2003, 12:15 PM   #154
Maikadilwen
Summoner of Lost Souls

Maikadilwen has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

"Vlad, are you alright?"

The soft voice next to him ripped him out of his thoughts and he turned to look at Jaheira's smiling face. All her anger seemed to have disappeared or at least she was hiding it well and Vlad couldn't help but smile back at her.
With a tired sigh he sat down on the ground, leaning back against the tree and rubbed his eye. He had slept for only a couple of hours when Khalad woke him up, rambling on about the wounded Elf and now he had to deal with the result of his decision not to kill him, which had given him a splitting head-ache. But why had he decided to keep this one alive?
It would've been so easy to just...

Feeling a hand run over his shoulder and down his back, Vlad turned his attention toward Jaheira who had crouched down next to him.
"You want something?" he asked her, for a moment amused by the look on her face, almost able to hear her thoughts. He knew very well what that look meant.
With a light chuckle, Jaheira told him about her encounter with the weeping Fidrohir and the horrified look on Vlad's face nearly made her laugh aloud. Vlad only looked up at the sky and shook his head.
These people will be the death of me!

"Any further trouble with the Elf?"
Jaheira shook her head, then went quiet. She thought for a moment about telling Vlad the few things she had heard from the conversation between Khalad and the Elf, but then decided not to. It might be of use later on, so it could wait. Or it might not be of any use at all, in which case it didn't matter anyway.
She rose with a smile and began to walk away, then looked back over her shoulder.
"Maybe Fidrohir should take over the watch. I think you need to rest. I'll tell him!"

Vlad sat for some time looking after her, then smiled and shook his head. Indeed he needed to rest but he also knew that he wouldn't be able to for some time.
He decided that he would deal with Fidrohir another day and so he left the moment he could hear him, knowing exactly where to find Jaheira.
As he passed the two by the fire, he winked to Khalad and grinned, mumbling that someone else had taken over the watch for the rest of the night and that he would go get some rest.

[ July 28, 2003: Message edited by: Maikadilwen ]