View Single Post
Old 07-19-2003, 06:08 AM   #9
Helkahothion
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Helkahothion has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Helkahothion Send a message via AIM to Helkahothion
Eye

"Yes it is I Telp. Long time since I saw you. You foolish piece of elfish material. Running out of money. It's the stupidest thing you have done so far. Mae govannen."

They met and were delighted. Telpeheled could finally have some company he was more familiar with. Anuionin just glared and raised one of his eyebrows. Telpeheled introduced the two to each other.

"Bordarigorn, this is Anuionin. He has been keeping me company and has been so kind as to lend me a place in his house. Anuionin, you might already know Bordarigorn. He is one of the strongest man and an old member of the rangers of the north."

Anuionin made a bow to Bordarigorn and the big man returned the favour. Bordarigorn went outside with Telpeheled behind him. They went down the street and made a left at the Inn. They passed it and went the second street to the right. After some turning and evading they came to a house. It looked like everyone else’s and was inhabited by a man and a woman. That's all Telpeheled could see. As they went in, Bordarigorn went for a room right away.

"Is that you Borda, what are you doing." The woman said.

"Just getting some belongings from a friend mother. I'll be out in a flash."

But the man walked to Telpeheled. He touched Telpeheled's face and hands. He fumbled trough his hair and felt the shape of his ears. The man's pained face turned into a smile as he shook Telpeheled's hand.

"Another elf. Borda has taken another one to our house once. Anuion was his name. You are not like him I'm sorry to say. His skin, it felt older. Much older. Yes, you have the makings of a strong person. Bree will be blessed with an elf such as you in the defences. If only you and Borda were here when those damn wolves first came here."

"Alas, that was not the fact. But we will make up for lost times and give those wolves something they will never forget. For when Bordarigorn unleashes his wrath, it will be terrible." Telpeheled said.

"Indeed it will. I will take revenge on them for taking my fathers sight. Once Anuionin gives the signal my grandfathers horn will shake the steps and send those wolves crying in fear."

"I hope so son, I really do."

They left the house and went to the Inn. Bordarigorn tossed a little purse to Telpeheled. With money once again, Telpeheled felt a bit more independent and as they entered the Inn it was a rackage of unbelievable size. A woman had entered and was fondly talking to Anuionin. Telpeheled recognised her.
She was the sheep farmer were the dwarf worked. It appeared that the wolves had attacked her farm. Her dog had managed to get one of the wolves, but was injured. The woman was out of control and asked everyone to cure her dog. She walked over to Bordarigorn and grabbed him by the hand.

"Can you cure him? He has a bite wound in his side. He's in pain." She said.

Bordarigorn took his backpack and took out some herbs and bandages. He asked Barliman Butterbur for some hot water. He looked at the dog and the kind creature looked back at him with a pained face. As soon as he got the hot water he placed the herbs in them. A refreshing sent spread trough the room and Telpeheled immediately knew what it was. Bordarigorn drenched some bandages in the water. He crushed some more leaves, chewed them to porridge and laid them in the wound. The dog yelped, but let the man do his thing. Bordarigorn now took the bandages and wrapped them around the wound. The dog stood up slowly and licked Bordarigorn's hands. Bordarigorn petted the dog on his hand and smiled at the woman.

"He should be ok. Just let him rest for a day or two and he should be up and about."

"Thank you kind sir. If there is anything I can do."

"Nah of course not. Well, there is. Could I stay at your farm for a while? If the wolves come back, I can take some of em down before they run again."

The woman agreed and Bordarigorn went back to Telpeheled. At that moment, Anuionin took a chair to raise himself above the crowd and beckoned he had a message.

"People of Bree. We have men and women able to fight the wolves, but bravery is not enough. Come to the town square tomorrow if you still wish to fight the invading rats from the east. We will be giving out weapons for all of those who don't have them, but still want to fight. Hamfast will lead that operation. As will he lead the attack. For now, get ready, the attack is not far. We are still discussing about a strategy, so that is still not all in the bottle. We are open to suggestions. For now, I wish you a nice afternoon. I am off now to discuss some more matters with Leader Hamfast."

With these words, he jumped of the chair and walked outside. He went to his neighbour, but Hamfast was not home. His wife said that he was out with his son. It appeared that his son wanted to join in the fight too. Anuionin grinned. Hamfast was not only a leader now; he was a tactician and an arms teacher. What a strange time it was. Anuionin asked if she could give him a yell when Hamfast came back. With the approval he left for his own house and have a bit of his own ale. As he was enjoying a glass of it, Telpeheled came walking in and greeted the dwarf.

"You want some?" Anuionin said while holding up his beer.

"That would be delighted." Telpeheled replied with a smile.