View Single Post
Old 07-13-2003, 06:52 AM   #91
Helkahothion
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Helkahothion has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Helkahothion Send a message via AIM to Helkahothion
Eye

“What is you name?” she whispered. He shuffled and then replied to her.

None of your damn business

"Thorgom….” he answered.

“Ok then Thorgom, don’t even try it, if you do you might wish you were dead….”

Whatever you say backstabber. No dagger will be my end. My, this girl is a danger to herself. She will get herself in great danger with this arrogance. If not with me than with Sevora.

Thorgom feared the idea of the beautiful girl being killed. She looked at his face and Thorgom realized that it had fear in it. Of course, her arrogance made her misinterpret the thing and she walked passed him with a smile. He played with the idea of nailing her in the back with a throwing axe for a second, but it might not be possible to fight his way out. The villagers could join in and that way he would not make it.

Thorgom pitched his tent at the outskirts of the village. Partly using an overhanging rock. It was quite cosy. The chair was in the corner, the bed in the back, and the big axe underneath it. It was always the same, but Thorgom liked it the way it was. He had more room due to the rock; it proved a hiding place behind the tent if needed. He could crawl underneath the back and not be seen when people went into his tent.
Not trusting anyone, he decided to take his bed and place it in the hidden part of his tent. Why he did it, he did not know. It was a feeling. A hunch so to speak. He flattened the bed and pushed it trough the back of the tent. He placed it up again, took his axe and went over to the Inn. He could use a drink by now.

The Inn looked dusty, but as long as they had booze, Thorgom was not complaining. He took out his two-handed axe and placed it next to his chair. Soon the Innkeeper came walking towards him.

"Weapons are not allowed." He said firm.

"Neither is killing and I just did that too. Stop the lecture and give me some ale. Please." Thorgom said threatening.

The man turned white and went back to the bar. Soon Thorgom had an ale in front of him. Thorgom gave the man a gold piece.

"Just keep it coming." He added with the piece.

The Innkeeper started filling the amount of mugs that Thorgom could get and soon his table was filled with ale. Thorgom leaned back on the chair and laid his feet resting on another chair. Of course disapproved by the Innkeeper, but the man did not have the heart to tell him. Thorgom emptied a tankard when he realised that the Priestess' were staying here. His mood lowered a bit. If one came here they would surely lecture him on how he should be more loyal to command and stay with the other man. Thorgom was not in the mood, but the ale was paid for and there was no one that could drag him away from it.

Outside, the sun was setting. The blood-red light coloured the horizon and the plains while the father and daughter were still lying on the altar. Thorgom walked passed them. The sight of the father near his daughter disgusted him. He regretted that he had placed him near her. He now understood Gurdhan's look.
He dragged the body of the man away from the altar and threw it in the dust, leaving it for the birds and other creatures. He apologised to the daughter, made a bow to her lifeless body and went to his tent.