View Single Post
Old 07-21-2003, 05:57 AM   #106
Helkahothion
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Helkahothion has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Helkahothion Send a message via AIM to Helkahothion
Eye

Thorgom looked at Sammael and Zasfal tied up on the cart. They were still sleeping since they were not hungry. Not yet. Thorgom went to gather up his equipment and broke of his camp. As he had the tent, chair and bed wrapped up again in a tight package and hanging from his left side, he went over to the caravan that was already leaving. Ghurdan was counting heads to see if anyone was there and smiled as Thorgom walked towards him.

"Ah Thorgom, you have made our party complete. If you would camp a bit closer, you might be on time for a change. But then again, people could hear out on your little councils."

"Hush up sandworm. Maybe Sammael could have seen this coming, but the young Zasfal had nothing to do with this. He was just a spectator."

"Yes, but he did not intervene." Ghurdan said coldly.

"Neither did the rest of the camp. I don't see them tied up on that cart now do I?" Thorgom replied as he climbed the cart with the two men.

"Thorgom! What in the name of the great eye are you doing? Get of that cart!"

"I am not allowed to feed them, none of the rules forbid me to sit here and keep them company sandworm! If you don't like it, why don't you come and get me?!"

With that, Thorgom took out his throwing axe and waved it around menacingly. Ghurdan did not reply, his nickname was already bad enough as it was. Some of the man snickered at Ghurdan, but a foul look from his face were enough to keep the silent. Thorgom sad on the cart, waving his legs back and forward like a little child sitting on a chair. He took a mouthful of water and wiped of the sweat.

They were progressing slow, but steady and the sun was burning on their heads. Sammael was strong enough to keep this up till the day, but Zasfal was having a lot of difficulty. He was muttering in himself and looked hopefully if someone was going to give him some water. Thorgom took another swig of water. His gaze wandered about and met the looks of the young Zasfal. He stood up in the cart and walked over.

"No one is watching, quick." He said.

"More people are watching than you think. Just insult me while I am drinking and keep your mouth open. That's all if you want some second hand water."

Thorgom sat a while opposite Zasfal with a grin on his face. He slowly took his sack with water and placed it on his lips. Slowly teasing he placed the sack on his lips and poured water in his mouth. Zasfal saw his opportunity.

"You really are a slimy rat Thorgom!" He shouted.

Immediately Thorgom sprayed all the water from his mouth into Zasfal's mouth. Thorgom had a big mouth so Zasfal got more than a mouthful. The boy swallowed quickly as Thorgom was insulting him right back. With a little wink of course. The man looked at the two, as Thorgom kicked Zasfal. They all laughed in a howling roar. Zasfal smiled to, it was worth this. His face was wet and he had gotten some water. Even though the kick was not necessary. Thorgom walked to the back and let his legs hanging again. Ghurdan was looking at his face for a while and Thorgom stared right back.

"Something wrong sandworm?" Thorgom asked with a happy tone in his voice.

Ghurdan growled in himself and walked on while Thorgom was taking another swig of water.

[ July 21, 2003: Message edited by: Helkahothion ]

[ July 22, 2003: Message edited by: Helkahothion ]