View Single Post
Old 05-25-2009, 05:27 AM   #106
Annunfuiniel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Annunfuiniel has just left Hobbiton.
White Tree

So, the spring is virtually gone and summer is waiting just around the corner. I've been a bit lazy in my garden this spring though, so there's still much to be done. A whole lot indeed, for my garden is old and not that well kept (we have owned this place for just a year and a half)... So, instead of beautiful, even lawn we have a field of thousands of dandelions (if that weed didn't have those bright yellow flowers I’d be sure it’s the invention of Sauron himself!!). It seems hopeless...

But luckily there are other things blooming or coming into bloom: apple trees, some spirea, violets (the easiest flowers for someone not born with a green thumb, me thinks), daffodils... My lilies are growing fast, and so are the hosta and peonies. Got to love the springtime!

I must take part in this "for or against" oaks -discussion. Where I grew up oak didn’t survive very well the winters and was thus very rare. Now that I've moved to a somewhat milder climate (within the borders of this northern country) I truly am broud to be the owner of one (still quite young, but no matter) oak tree! Alas, beeches don't have much chance growing here, though now I'd really like to have some planted in my garden...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark12_30 View Post
How about you-- favorite flowers for favorite characters?
Don't have favorite flower for one specific character in mind but must say I can't think of a more elvish flower than gladiolus... Can't wait them to bud in my own flowerbed.