View Single Post
Old 05-19-2007, 04:41 AM   #148
The Sixth Wizard
Shade of Carn Dűm

The Sixth Wizard has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to The Sixth Wizard
Dárin felt ready to trust the owner of the cabin. After all, what could David do to them when he was so outnumbered and unarmed? The dwarf was, however surprised at such a welcoming attitude from this character. We have just knocked down the door in a manner of speaking, let ourselves into his house and almost demanded health care from him. And what in Mahal's name is he doing out in the middle of nowhere, anyway? Glirdingo was very terse, but David seemed to absorb the information quickly and with an attentive mind. Perhaps that says something about his character.

Dárin was sure David would struggle to provide the numerous travellers with resources and accomodation. In Dárin's mind the invasion of a dwelling was much more sacred than the other races supposed. He felt obligated to give an explanation.

"My dear Man, greeting and apologies for the lack of introduction. I am Dárin of the Iron Hills, at your service," said Dárin eloquently. "Pardon us the unceremonious dumping of a vagabond at your doorstep. And may I commend you upon your kindness. As for the vagabond in question, we are unsure what to do with her at this point, but shall inevitably come to some agreement that will not impede you overmuch. My personal apologies once again."

Dárin was suddenly struck by a feeling of tiredness. Will this quest ever be drawn to fruition? he wondered. The enormity of their task settled down upon him, but he stubbornly blocked it out. One thing at a time.