View Single Post
Old 05-26-2011, 11:37 AM   #279
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Mnemosyne Send a message via Yahoo to Mnemosyne
"Thiliel," said Brinn, "let me remind you that Elanor means us no harm, and, so far, has done nothing to obstruct our play--in fact, she has been most helpful. Lord Sador, doubtless, has his own reasons for being with us in the first place, and since we do not know them, we cannot know if he means good or ill." Truth be told, she did suspect him, but she had been around people long enough to know that this wasn't the sort of thing you ought to make known, and if she told anyone except Rollan, Sador would probably find out. "It's impossible to make a full guarantee, Thiliel. But I assure you, I am going to do everything in my power to make sure that we perform this play, and that we perform it well, and so far, none of the accidental complications we have run into have proven enough to stop us. But, unfortunately, doing everything in our power means that we need to drop this idle speculation and get back to work."

"I'll tell you what, Asta," she said. "If Aldarion isn't back by tomorrow morning, you have my permission to conduct a full-scale investigation into the matter. For now, though, we wait--and more importantly, we figure out, with what information we have, how we're going to rework the casting for the play. Remember, we did write plays before Aldarion joined us." She drew out a sheet of paper, reworked from Elanor's notes, with the list of the Nine Walkers and an attempted sketch of their relative importance.

"We'll start with the Halflings, since they're now the folk I have the most reliable information on. I see no reason for Frodo to change at all, though we'll almost certainly have to change the way we write him. Sam, however, is going to have to be on stage the same time as Frodo, through the end. He's going to have to..." she peered at her notes "...slowly become more and more of a hero as Frodo continues to fade in the presence of the Ring." What exactly had they gotten themselves into?

"Merry and Pippin are very dear friends of one another, and both related to Frodo. Merry is the older one of the two and tends to plan things out more, while Pippin is more impulsive. They get split up, though, and Merry gets to help the Shield-Maiden defeat the Witch-King and Pippin saves the Steward Faramir's life."

Elanor had told her a good deal more, of course, but she wasn't entirely sure how to go about implementing it. Most worrisome was the lack of any firebreathing dragons... but they couldn't not put Smaug in!

Last edited by Mnemosyne; 05-27-2011 at 09:46 AM.