View Single Post
Old 08-31-2003, 07:13 PM   #13
DaughterofVana
Wight

DaughterofVana has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

And now, on the OTHER side of the sobig storm... is anyone still alive out there?

I was saved by a. not having many online friends (poor me) and b. being away from my computer all summer and passing by the storm unnoticed.

Microsoft.com, I believe the source of all of this (they're the ones that made the shoddy software that made stuff like this possible... or so my geeky computer-friends tell me [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]) and it was there I went to get the patch to stop this ugly thing. I suggest anyone else with continuing problems to do the same. Windows Update is a free service from Microsoft, whereby you can download and install patches to fix the bugs and glitches as they're discovered. Soon as I heard about it I downloaded the patch and I'm all set. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

I can also assist people to get up and running with a firewall if they don't know how--if you have windows ME/XP it's built right in, so PM me and I'll try and show you. Doesn't work if you have a "third-party" net service (AOL, for instance) and a dial-up connection... you'll need to spend money on a "third-party" firewall for that, and unfortunately will cost. But it's worth it.

Good luck.

-'Vana

PS: Umm, duh. Beren already said something about Windows Update. Of course, he being the computer guru...

[ August 31, 2003: Message edited by: DaughterofVana ]

[ August 31, 2003: Message edited by: DaughterofVana ]

Hi! Did you miss me?
DaughterofVana is offline   Reply With Quote