View Single Post
Old 05-25-2011, 09:42 PM   #115
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anguirel
luminary (cf werewolf I)
I hope I luminate for more than that as that was one week in a summer a long time ago now.

Quote:
I merely lazily doubt that they're in Tolkien's league/feel Anglo prejudice. And I must say the TV series has given me an enormous amount of enjoyment (maybe so much more than the LOTR films because I don't have the constant sense of a beloved artefact being messed with?) so I will happily pay fealty
I do heartily endorse reading the books. I've not been able to see the series yet, although I intend to when I can, but its my understanding that in the main it follows the book...as faithfully as can be expected from a television version of a book (although there are the inevitable strange bits...like the absurd armor of the Westermen...but I digress).

The books themselves are quite good. They are not like Tolkien and they are certainly not for younger readers but they are well written and an enjoyable read. They do look quite thick and intimidating, I grant, but one flies through reading them much faster than would be supposed.

I also apologize for my hilarious typo in your name earlier. I would say that my brain was on autopilot this morning...but given the execrable nature of that typo it looks more like I was just asleep at the wheel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen
Tough luck on astigmatics who will be feeling queasy long before the hamming starts
And tough luck for all of us who will get headaches from the ill-fitting things. If ever there was a movie trend I wish would go away it is this sudden intoxication with 3-D they all seem to have come down with.