View Single Post
Old 02-26-2014, 06:05 PM   #121
Ivriniel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Ivriniel has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cellurdur View Post
This was from a disregarded draft. At the time they were chosen as stewards, they may not have had the royal connection.
The Stewarship, as we know, was incepted after Earnil got dun in when he took the challenge put to him by the Nazgul of Minas Morgal (which we know was the Witch King). I would have thought that any claim to Anarion would have been thoroughly looked at when Earnil vanished. Dol Amroth's legacy was to Amroth of Lorien and Finduilas. I've never heard of a reference to any marriage of this line with that of Elendil.

Quote:
I personally think there is some leeway about what happened to Halfelven before the decision, but once the judgment of Mandos is made all of the Halfelven are mortal.
Do you mean this to read after the Choice of the Peredhil was Gifted to the children of the union of Elves and Men, and to their children? To decide which kindred to belong to.

There was one 'one way mirror' concept in the Choice of the Peredhil. A Half Elf who chose the Life of the Eldar could have children, even born of an Elf, who could become immortal. But, the converse was not true. Once a Half-Elf chooses a mortal life, their children cannot choose the life of the Elven. So, Although Aragorn's and Arwen's children, for example, bear almost as much Elven blood as Elrond, there is no choice allowed to them.

Even had one of their children married an Elf (full blooded) nothing is stated in the mythology about what happens to the Elf by way of lifespan. The only precedent is Luthien, who did die, but that occurred before the Choice of the Peredhil was incepted when Earendil made his way to Valinor.

Last edited by Ivriniel; 02-26-2014 at 06:09 PM.
Ivriniel is offline   Reply With Quote