View Single Post
Old 07-05-2003, 12:42 PM   #128
Eruwen

Eruwen has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Callo sat alone as many of the company were scattered abroad conversing together. It had been long that they traveled toward this land, yet to him it seemed that it had all come too soon. He wondered if he was truly ready for the danger that was about to befall him. Though then again, why wouldn't he be? After all they had gone through, after many difficulties already, this was just another roadblock in their mission. This, unfortunately, happened to be the most fearful of them all.

As Callo thought on the coming events about to take place, his mind suddenly turned to when he first heard of the mission…how he rushed to find Elentari to volunteer to go to the company. It all seemed but a continuous dream to him. More like a nightmare, He thought to himself and looked at Elentari who also seemed to be deep in thought. Flashbacks of his words to her suddenly came to his mind again.

"They are not completely lost!" Callo said smiling. Elentari gave him a queer look. "The Elves which were taken...they may not be dead. I know how it is to lose someone very close to you. Please, let me help these families out. Let me aid you on the quest to slay this dragon. I could not save my own family, but I can try to save these."

Callo suddenly broke from his thoughts. My family? He thought as he looked around at the company. Yes, it was not my family. It was theirs... their families and their friends. That is why I am here. I am ready. A short while passed by, but soon the company began to depart. Callo stood as he looked toward the mountain where the Dragon’s lair was held. Perhaps they are still alive, He thought, but then a chilling thought crossed his mind. But what if we have come too late? What if they are all gone? He paused for a moment. We can only hope, I guess.

Callo sighed and thought none more on the matter. He focused his only attention on slaying the dragon as the company set out once again on the hunt for the dragon.