View Single Post
Old 01-08-2010, 03:25 PM   #3474
Airaloske
Animated Skeleton

Airaloske has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien Aaye

hello all, my name is Tracey Walker, formerly of Southern California, now a resident of Bluefield, West VA. Yay.

Tolkien is one of the biggest parts of my life. His work got me through some of my darkest hours waaaay back in the day. He made me believe that there is more to life than the obvious. He helped me realize that there is some good left in the world. If he was alive today I'd find a way to meet him and to learn everything I could from him.

I have been married for 1 1/3 years to my dedicated and devoted husband David, whom I sometimes refer to as Tas (Tasselhoff, NOT the stupid frigging Looney Toons character. ugh). I met him on a Tolkien fan site chat room, believe it or not. This past October we welcomed our son Roby (ROW-bee, like Toby with an R) and he eats like a little hobbit himself.

Though I am currently not working, I am a certified medical assistant and I enjoy my profession immensely. There is nothing quite like getting to know patients and getting to really relate to them on a personal level. I'd like to go back to school and do the RN program, but I don't know if I would really have the spine for it. After seeing how the nurses had to move and think on their feet during my 50-hour childbirth extravaganza I have been having second thoughts about that particular career path. It'll all work out in time.

I've never been a regular forum poster; my main form of internet communication is chat, particularly a Tolkien chat on a site that shall remain nameless because I'm not here to advertise. If you really want to know where it is I'd be happy to give you the URL, PM me.

I am on Facebook under Tracey J. Walker, or you can look me up via my e-mail. I enjoy meeting new people, whether in real life or not, and honestly have nothing better to do than to sit and talk, once the housework is done and the baby is put to bed.

Last edited by Estelyn Telcontar; 01-09-2010 at 02:05 PM. Reason: E-mail link removed by moderator
Airaloske is offline   Reply With Quote