View Single Post
Old 11-06-2021, 09:32 PM   #531
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Birds (chirp! chirp!) without love can't sing their tune...

...And neither can I, it seems. It has been a ridiculously long time. When was the last time I posted anything here? A month, a week, and 4 days. A bit more if you count to when I last posted anything productive. RL swung a punch a little below the belt, and it's been a rough go. Thankfully, I can't say that I entirely lost the thirst for life, or at least for the musical, and when I finally sat down to Beren's stanzas they came pouring out with abandon, birds chirping and all. Today I was able to get at it a second time and finished off Beren's second stanza, to make it a neater cut off before I posted it.

Thus sang the twilight nightingale

I love the way Beren sort of "bursts" into Luthien's song in the video, and the way the arches appear. The arches especially are very elegant. And now there's enough of Beren's part to be able to experiment with the timing of the transition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huinesoron View Post
It looks like I promised to put the Elvish choir into Appeal, which I have done.
Geez, I've already forgotten how that song sounds! I love the way Beren's request stanzas ("I would fain" and "I ask") and Finrod's response turned out, in every way possible. Absolutely the highlight of the song. Also Beren's Silmaril stanza. I am reminded again though of how much I disliked the way the music came out for the last stanzas, but I think it's not as glaringly jarring with the vocals. If I can request a favour though, would you mind moving the choir a smidge forward? Right now it's a little bit ahead of the beat, and I have a feeling it will be pinging my OCD for all of eternity.

I can't promise very fast work going forwards, I still have a lot of stuff to sort out IRL, but hopefully it won't be a dead nothing like it was for the last few weeks.