View Single Post
Old 11-30-2021, 09:59 AM   #533
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
Excitement! Excitement! I finished Dream!
Ex!Cite!Ment!

So I was just going to PM you (and will do so on a different note), but then I listened and... it's incredible. I love this song. XD And I had to say so here.

It gave me proper chills listening to the Lay quotes - I know we agonised over whether to go off-script enough to include them, but I think they were a perfect decision. Absolutely perfect. (I may try a few alternates for "I no purpose have", though; that's clunky.)

I think I should be okay with singing it as-is, and I'm happy to follow your lead if you get a recording you're happy with before I get round to it.

I think the "harmony 2" version of the ending works perfectly well, so happy to go with that. I can't actually remember how the video looked, so once I get to that point it'll be an exciting adventure for me too! (I will try and tweak the choir in Appeal for you too; noting this for myself so it doesn't get lost.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
EDIT2:
In not so good news, Lora Bocharova's site has been down for a few weeks now. Not just the Zong, the whole thing. This makes me sad, especially if she took it down permanently - but I cannot express how grateful I am for your foresight in copying the page with the chords and lyrics! Looking through it, all the remaining songs are there, Wind seems to be the only one linked out. I might have winged Camp and pieced together Epilogue, but there was NO WAY I could do Heart or Prison Duet without existing chords. O.0
Oh, what? That's rotten. :-/ Looks like it's properly down, too, not just glitchy.

There's about an hour between that sentence and this one, in which I've gone, grabbed Wind, and cleaned up the whole Libretto With Chords grab. This version has a table of contents! It kind of breaks if you hit the English translation button, but that's fine. (The HTML is like some kind of Lovecraftian nightmare realm; I don't even know what it's doing, but it seems to work.) I've popped the link into the English Libretto too so we can keep track of it.

hS