View Single Post
Old 09-19-2006, 11:24 AM   #300
Lalwendė
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendė is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendė is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen
A secret handshake is one thing ... I could cope with that .... just not compulsory footwigs
I suppose we could make do with always wearing fluffy slippers to emulate excessive foot hair - sounds nice and comfy so I wouldn't be averse to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by narfforc
There are plans afoot to arrange a Yulemoot sometime in December, somewhere near Sheffield or Barnsley. This is being arranged independently by some of the Tolkien Society members. They are trying to book an hotel for about 70, so if you are interested watch this space, the Oxonmoot 2006 thread or PM me, I will try to keep you informed.
I know about the idea for a TS Springmoot in Leeds, but Sheffield or Barnsley would be much better owing to the fact that Leeds is a dump and also has no pubs. Barnsley has loads of pubs but no bookshops (I can vouch for that I've just been there today), whereas Sheffield has seen many of its pubs turned into cruddy bars but has a few bookshops - and the best real ale pub in the city is oooh, 5 mins from my house (but 20 mins minimum uphill returning ). Tha'll 'ave t'call everywun thee and thar though....