View Single Post
Old 02-18-2004, 04:15 PM   #103
Sleeping Beauty
Wight

Location: Somewhere between the back of the chair and the monitor
Sleeping Beauty has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sleeping Beauty Send a message via MSN to Sleeping Beauty Send a message via Yahoo to Sleeping Beauty
Tolkien

Forgive a young upstart for intruding in the land of the geezers, but it's so much fun to read.
Quote:
The wealth of Moria was not in CD-ROMs and DVDs, the toys of the Dwarves; nor in CDs,
their servants. Such things they found here, it is true, especially CDs; but they did
not need to delve for them: all things that they desired they could obtain in HMV.
For here alone in the world were found Moria-albums, or true albums as some have
called them: vinyl is the Elvish name. The Dwarves have a name which they do not tell.
Rare labels were worth ten times that of CDs, and now they are beyond price; for little
is left in record collections, and even the Orcs dare not shop for them here.

- Saucepan Man

Ah, but remember Hilde, "There are older and fouler things than Orcs in the deep places of the earth." To make your way to the Moria Discount Record Store, you must first pass through the hidden door with reflects only strobe lights and disco balls. Even if you find your way into the deserted Mall of Khazad-Dum, you must pass through the dreaded Mimes of Moria for four days before you come to the East-gate where the ancient record store of Durin is located.

- Alphaelin

E-gads, suddenly I’m seeing the ghastly vision of a Balrog in a white polyester suit, -melted of course- dancing amidst the flames! But one has to brave these dangers if one seeks mithril in Middle Earth. Such decisions!

- Hilde Bracegirdle
Thanks for much for that. That was the best laugh I have had in a while. I never knew the oldies were so creative. I am in awe.
Btw, Alphaelin Mimes of Moria? That's a disconcerting thought. Undead Dwarves walking around in black and white striped shirts and black pants pulling on invisible ropes. Scary.

*bows out gracefully before any walking sticks are thrown her way*