View Single Post
Old 12-12-2002, 03:16 PM   #110
Mattius
Soul of Fire

Mattius has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

He had seen her, close enough to talk to her. And then she had dissapeared, with the other one. Mattius had seen Ender then she had dissapeared followed by Goldberry chanting something and then dissapearing into thin air herself, presumably to the same place.

Following their dissapearence the wights had appeared all around him and Mattius had to battle for a long time before they began to back off from his ever deadly sword Angmarth which shone with bright white fires.

As he limped through the night Mattius noticed a cut along his left arm, nothing to worry about he thought. After wandering in the direction he thought Tom's house was in he saw a small flame shoot up in the distance. He quickened his pace and soon the cottage came into full view. Tom was just going inside when Mattius reached the door. He walked in dripping blood on the wooden floor. They were all sleeping save Radagast and Tom who stood looking over Calentoliel.
"She... they dissapeared," he said, "into nothing and I don't know where they are." Mattius bowed his head in shame but Radagast looked confused,
"Who is 'they' my dear lad?" He asked.
"The Ranger, the Beast and Goldberry," said Tom without hesitation, "they have gone from these parts but Goldberry will keep her safe," he turned to Radagast, "for a short time." There was a deadly silence as the Wizard and Mattius thought this over.
"Ever in riddles my friend," said Radagast eventually, "but now I must turn my attention back to Calentoliel."
"How is she?" Asked Mattius walking over to her sprawled body.
"Not good but not gone either so there is still hope." He looked at the Elf. "Go and get some sleep Mattius, you need rest and the morning will help her more." Surprising even himself Mattius laughed,
"I am weary beyond measure Radagast but I don't think I could ever sleep again after what I have seen tonight. The nightmares scare me too much so I will help prepare our supplies as I am guessing that we will be leaving as soon as Calentoleil is okay." Radagast nodded as he turned to the maiden and began his chanting once more.