View Single Post
Old 01-14-2012, 12:23 PM   #46
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Starting here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenie
Err - your goal is to be bad at hunting wolves? I sincerely hope not.
Touche, but you can't judge a fellow's career based on one instance of failing. And note, I did not say hunt, but find...slightly different, but different none the less. (And intentionally different).

Quote:
Originally Posted by G55
Explanations please!
Patience. There was never any doubt I would explain (and Agan knows this as well), but the doubt is when will I? I've probably seen about as much reaction from others as can be hoped for so...Shall we?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agan
However I'll be around to finish the dance later because a friend just came over and is making impatient noises in the kitchen.
Oh, we are dancing now? *secretly fist pumps* I should hope I'm better than last time we danced, or I dare say this will end badly for the both of us, but mostly for me.

So, guessing that Agan really was moderately annoyed by the early day behavior, but also knowing even if she was it wouldn't point either to being a BN or innocent I wanted to inquire further. And since she loves drilling us slacks into shape, I knew her post would be the first with any real meaning or relevance. Which is always a good thing, and it's what I love about Agan in these situations, but again, it wouldn't point either to BN or innocent. To BN or not to BN? That is the question.

Now the post did strike me as suspicious enough to comment on it. As I said, the mock vote statement, is part of it, but not all. Instead of revealing all of it immediately, I wanted to draw attention to the post and get other responses to it. What better way than to give a teaser and then a vague "you see it!" Because while I am suspicious, I can not actually know the answer of the million dollar question, and it would pain me awfully to see Agan be lynched so soon on the chance that I was wrong.

So the full explanation, of the classic BN attempt. Knowing Agan wanted to cut the garbage and get down to business, then her lists would be more meaningful than G55's list of randomness (no offense G55, just meaning I can deduce Agan's reactions and feelings on people, because there's more meaning going into her list). And believe it or not, it's actually what she says about G55:

Quote:
Galadriel55. Says Bom is guilty of making jokes when he starts making them. Does this mean she didn't take it as a joke when he said he's wolves with her and sally? Encouraged by Boro, she takes her guilty accusations of randomness entirely too far.
And then her reaction to Pomegranate:

Quote:
Pomegranate. Contrary to what G55 suggested (jumpy are we?), I don't believe her first post was entirely serious. Not voting for her either because it's her fist game and all.
(bolding my emphasis)

Combine that with what she says at the end:

Quote:
If I had to vote right now, I'd be willing to go for one of those who have been posting mock votes. Namely Bom, Glirdan or sally.
And we have the classic "let me give you all some suspicions, see which ones stick, but distract you with threatening to vote those who are being less helpful at the moment" trick. That is to say, you were willing to vote based on either being annoyed, or to scare Bom, Glirdan, and sally into shaping up and NOT based on suspicions...yet you did the whole "let me give you some suspicions" thing well enough. And it seems to have worked since Lottie has now jumped on your comment about G55 being "jumpy"...wow we are a jumping bunch today.

Quote:
Anyway I dare to hope you know me better than to say I would take the quick & easy way as a BN.
Hmm...perhaps, you do certainly love the challenge. But, you would know I can be a good challenge...unless we actually are dancing. But I don't mean "classic and quick" as a slight upon your shining brilliance, if indeed you are a BN. Because you know I would do the same...that is lynching and killing based on emotions, annoyance, and who's getting on my nerve.

Quote:
Now I know Boro is Boro and does all weird kinds of stuff on Day 1, but I don't know what to make of his attack against me. He should know I'm not one to try and do classic BN tricks in my first post (emphasis on 'try' - either I pull them off properly, or don't do them at all). So who's the one looking for an easy prey?
Not looking for easy prey, my dear, looking to see if 1) I could get a read on you and 2) if I could get some attention to your post, and thus get others to look at it, comment, react and in turn get a read on them.

And in that way for 1) If I correctly read you are a BN than based on 2) I can get some other commenting on my correct suspicions, ergo, it will help me figure them out.

But if for 1) my initial impression was incorrect, I would hope you could assuage my suspicions by responding (and I knew you would respond) than based on 2) I could see if anyone jumped onto my reasoning...which I left purposefully vague at the time to see how some might react. Make sense?

I admit, it may be cruel, because it must feel like I've used you as bait, and well, to use one of your marvelous talents as bait might have been a waste. But that way I see it is, feel privileged because if you aren't a BN than we both agree you are a witch...and using witches as bait is perfectly legal. But mainly I took it as you were essentially giving me permission in your first post, because of what I saw as suspicious behavior. (Detailed above and in my previous post).

Edit: crossed with Rune, G55, and Pomegranate

(See what I mean Agan? Lottie jumps at your jumpy comment, and now Pomegranate follows Lottie)