View Single Post
Old 04-25-2006, 09:52 AM   #3
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots

Focusing on the Sil...

There are certain ways that events in the Sil can be regarded as humorous. I think Hookbill's statement about the humor being situational holds here too...and your sense of humor probably has to be a bit...odd...maybe even a tad unkind.

Take the burning of the ships at Losgar. If you just take that situation and rearrange the dialogue a bit, you get something like this...

Maedhros: Daddy, don't you think it would be a good idea for us to send back for some reinforcements? We are sort of stuck out here in the middle of nowhere with no idea of what is ahead of us.

Feanor: Hmmm...do I want to share the credit for reclaiming the Silmarils with my ignorant lout of a brother or do I want to get all the glory for myself and have everybody tell me how wonderful, interesting, and pretty I am? Sometimes rephrasing the question will give you the answer. Barbeque!!

Maedhros: But...

Feanor: No buts. I have pyromania to satisfy! I am named after fire, after all!

Maedhros: But...

Or something like that. It is situations, not so much characters that are funny.

Although, Turin is a veritable font of comedy, if approached from a certain angle.