View Single Post
Old 02-24-2016, 09:25 AM   #64
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belegorn View Post
I figure there was an economic component to their relationship with Orcs/Sauron. Sauron did not like them and wanted to dispossess them of the Seven due to Dwarven nature, but he could work with those he hated. He hated the Númenóreans for humbling him, but he did not mind having them as servants. I do not know what Sauron promised the Dwarves.
Different things to different groups, I think.

The Longbeards on the whole didn't want anything to do with him. The Firebeards and Broadbeams were inconsiderable and largely out of reach.

The eastern houses had probably already fallen into evil of some kind even before Sauron's rise as the primary physical incarnation of evil, so working with them probably was not too difficult, at least comparatively speaking.