View Single Post
Old 02-11-2009, 07:21 PM   #120
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Kéni

Kéni had crept along, slinking around in the shadows. He could see he wasn't the only one trying to listen in on the council. However, he felt it prudent not to eavesdrop with a group, just in case they were caught.

But he did wonder if maybe the others could hear better. Kéni could only make things out when someone raised their voice. They could all probably see better too, but Kéni sat in patience. The words spoken loudly were the only ones worth hearing anyway.

"By my beard, you blockheaded numbskull - my blood is up, but at least I can think clearly! You’ll get us all killed!” Kéni gritted his teeth when he heard his grandfather speak. Kénan had no right to speak to Trór like that, even if he disagreed.

"Therefore, for the insults that you have bestowed upon me, the position of military commander and upon the most esteemed, and lofty, position of lord protector of Khazad-dum, I hereby strip you of your rank as a noble among my council."

The young dwarf's mouth dropped open. Kénan had pushed Trór to the point of stripping away his titles. Never in his whole life had Kéni ever felt ashamed of his grandfather, but now he couldn't believe the dishonor Kénan was bringing on the family, on the memory of Kéni's own parents. Kénan was completely out of line for attacking Trór so openly. And even though it would mean swift punishment from Kénan, Kéni planned to tell him just what he thought.

Kéni had stopped listening to the council, now he waited only for Kénan to come out.

~*~*~

Iari

Kéni and Kénan still hadn't come home. Iari was afraid to stay alone much longer, but going out now was just as frightening. Maybe she could appeal to her neighbors for company. Surely someone would take her in until her family returned.

She grabbed a small rag doll she had been sleeping with and threw on an old shawl. Iari went out in search of her family or perhaps for a kindly neighbor to keep her safe for a little while.

Last edited by Kitanna; 02-12-2009 at 09:22 PM.