View Single Post
Old 08-06-2002, 05:31 PM   #27
Feanaro
Haunting Spirit

Feanaro has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Feanaro
Silmaril

Fine... one last time. My point originally was, as still is that niether Sauron nor Melkor were particulary strong in one on one confrontations. Melkor started as the strongest, yes, so he did hold off all of the Valar at one point. He then became steadily weaker as his forces increased, to the point where a single elf could injure him. This being said, Sauron did not gain any special strength enhancements from his association with Melkor, mainly because combat was not Melkor's strongpoint to begin with. So you see, I am not contradicting myself, merely conceding a point to make you feel better. Now then, if you wish to continue this debate, although I can't see why you would--considering that you apparantly forgot what the point I was originally trying to make was, you can do so by yourself. Enough of this thread has been wasted in an argument that should never have taken place at all.
'See half-brother! This is sharper than thy tongue. Try but once more to usurp my place and the love of my father, and maybe it will rid the Noldor of one who seeks to be the master of thralls.' -Feanor, threatening Fingolfin with his sword. ~Moderator of the Mordor RPG.~
Feanaro is offline   Reply With Quote