View Single Post
Old 04-08-2003, 12:38 PM   #163
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Lyra Greenleaf has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Walking Guidelines for Hobbits:
For those of us more used to the leafy lanes and green hills of the Shire, here is some advice for coping with twenty-first century city walking.
  • If you want to sing rousing songs (for example, the road goes ever on...) be prepared for funny looks
  • Walking over tarmac and concrete is never as fun as through grass. It also takes longer!
  • Bare feet: not a good idea! (trainers are quite useful)
  • Watch out for black riders...
#

I have to report a black riders sighting. Walking to the library I found three odd people standing staring at nothing among the gorse bushes. They were all seperate, and all looking in the same direction. On my way back I found two different. Where the other four are, I do not know... I know they were black riders as they took no notice of anyone passing. I had to take a detour as one would not get out of my way. They are obviously looking for something. They also all had their heads covered with hats and hoods. You think fake burberry fools me? No way!
“Sylphs of the forest,” I whispered. “Spirits of oak, beech and ash. Dryads of Rowan and hazel, hear us. You who have guided and guarded our every footstep, you who have sheltered our growth, we honour you."
the Forbidden Link
Lyra Greenleaf is offline   Reply With Quote