View Single Post
Old 07-22-2014, 05:01 PM   #1791
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I belatedly assign the Winter Olympics, which I found very satisfactory and beyond despite all the local dirty paper criticism.

I also assign remembering where a quote comes from. So, a few days ago, I was thinking of a quote that goes something like "This was ____, this was ____." I had no clue who the quote was talking about. Then I had a vague recollection that it's talking about a woman, and the two blanks are her names. Then I realized that one of them is her male alias. So I started to mentally go through the list of heroines from all over my reading list who may have fit the bill at some point or another. And this morning, without even thinking, I discovered it's Eowyn.

The true quote: "Eowyn it was, and Dernhelm also". But in my Russian translation, it follows the grammatical structure as I remembered it. Sheesh, Tolkien does sit deeply in my brain!