View Single Post
Old 01-31-2009, 03:25 PM   #107
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Onli was not quite pleased by Nîsa's intervention, his initial thought was that this hen has once again ruined it all, now he will have to talk to this old soldier and explain everything...

He looked at Náli. He remembered him, back then from Erebor, where he had held an important place among the nobles. They never encountered each other, but Onli had heard about him. He got the impression that Náli is a rather charismatic speaker, which may or may not have been good for Onli in this situation. He was happy, for one part, that he can talk to somebody who was not just a mindless iron-hat, however, if he was encountering a real diplomat just now, that might have proven unlucky as well. He could easily outtalk Onli and send him back from where he came. But Onli had to try his best.

"I am very sorry that my presence here had disturbed you, venerable master Náli," he said, bowing his head. "This is all just a misunderstanding. I did not want to, as you say, eavesdrop on anyone, that thought would have never entered my mind, and indeed as young lady Nîsa here says, I was led here by her just to talk to Trór, whom I had hoped to find here. I deem your Council had already decided on important matters, nevertheless, if Trór's leadership of this colony is to continue in the track of our great lord Balin, I suggest he gives a hearing to me. I wish to offer my service to him."

Last edited by Legate of Amon Lanc; 02-02-2009 at 11:02 AM.