View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 03:29 AM   #108
Findegil
King's Writer

Findegil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Gondowe, it is nice to have your input to the project. Sorry for not greeting you in my last post, but even so there were 45 minutes in between, I think it was a matter of cross posting. This one took a long time to write.

Aiwendil, my proposal for the split was at AINU-08.3, which is in the middle of sentence 2 of §23. In our original editing at this point we inserted a § from Mhyts Transformed, which I suppose would make a good starting point for the new chapter as it reads:
Quote:
After the Valar, who before were the Ainur of the Great Song, entered into Eä, those who were the noblest among them and understood most of the mind of Ilúvatar sought amid the immeasurable regions of the Beginning for that place where they should establish the Kingdom of Arda in time to come. And ...
But I would end The Ainulindale with §§ 39-42 because they clearly belong into this chapter.

Posted by Aiwendil:
Quote:
I too have a proposal for an 'Of the Beginning of Days'/'Of Valinor and the Two Trees' that I put together a few years ago. I believe that in my verison I assumed that the Ainulindale would go up to §28, so I incorporated only material from §29 to the end of Ainulindale D. But adding in pertinent material from §23 to §28 should not be difficult. It will be interesting to compare your version and mine!
Yes, that will become an intersting work! As it has been when I treid to bring the proposals Maedhros and me for The Ruin of Doriath together. If you are willing to provide me with your proposal, I will make both versions comparable for the public forum.

Posted by Aiwendil:
Quote:
But before we do that, I think we should return to the other finished chapters that I have notes on.
Agreed, and first of all we should finish our discussion here on The Ainulindale.

Respectfully
Findegil
Findegil is offline   Reply With Quote