View Single Post
Old 01-07-2003, 02:41 PM   #19
Manardariel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Manardariel has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

As allways, I will post Eowyn´s speach to Aragorn. Not only do I like it best, it also means most to me.

Quote:
Too often have I heard of duty! But am I not of the house of Eorl, a shieldmaiden, and not a dry-nurse? I have waited on faltering feet long enough. Since they falter no longer, it seems, may I now spend my life as I will?
and

Quote:
All your words are but to say, you are a woman, and your part is in the house. But when the men have died in battle and honour, ou have leave to be burned in the house, for the men wil need it no more. But I am of the house of Eorl and not a serving woma, I can ride and wield blade, and I do not fear either pain or death." "What do you fear, lady?" "A cage. To stay behind bars, untill use and old age acceot them, and all chance of doing ggreat deeds is beyond recall, or desire."
I love that qoute... YOU GO EOWYN!! Sorry, I´m just crazy. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]