View Single Post
Old 04-19-2006, 10:27 AM   #244
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Away -- Wistan's farm - Dunstede

The young woman remained as her mother walked slowly back into the house. When she disappeared within, Rose turned and addressed in a most business like manner.

“You have the advantage of me. I do not know your name, sir,” she said. “And from the new lord, too? Is that so?” Even as Thornden nodded in consent, she put out her hand. “Might I see your papers of authority to transact his business for him?”

Thornden smiled at her quick thought. She was no simpleton. He complied at once and took out a rolled parchment. He undid the string of leather around it and handed it to her for her perusal. She unrolled it and glanced over it, studied the signature and handed it back.

“It is unexpected, I know,” Thornden said as he took the paper back, “but he being a new Eorl needs the coin now rather than later. He is building the Mead Hall, and he hopes to see many of his freeholders in time there. You, and your mother and father, are welcome, of course. He also, to show his thanks for receiving the coin due, wants to know anything you would ask of him, in favor or as some judgement of law, as is necessary.”