Thread: Kidnapped!
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2002, 08:04 AM   #5
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Eye

OCC: sorry about the spacing in my first post, the one susan posted; i copied and pasted from word with messes up the spacing.

Nuhrive and Sultir caught their breath just outside the door and then creapt into the hall as quietly as they could. Nuhrive silently used a word her parents wouldnt have known she knew; everyone was there already. Peering through a crack between the double doors, she looked into the hall. Yep, Isolde and Milar Fleetheart were both there.

"Come on. We'll go up to the gallery." She whispered, beckoning to her friend. Sultirs eyes widened.

"The gallery? Its not safe! No one goes up there!"

"Wrong. Lots of couples go up there, but for exactly the reason that there is no one else there! Come on, Sultir, please?" She grinned. "Or would you rather like to go in there in front of the Lord And the Lady herself?"

"Lets go."
~~~~~~~~~~~
The pair climbed up to the old gallery above the hall. Nuhrive settled into a small nook where she had left her dagger and a few books. Sultir looked accusingly at her but she grinned at him again, causing him to smile reluctantly as well.

The sound of the Fool playing drifted up to them from below. Pressing her eyes to a crack she looked down, getting a perfect view of the stage and she smiled as she saw it was Harlon. Harlon Nowane was one of the best Fools in the court by Nuhrives reckoning, but by the look of the crowd, it seemed they didnt think so well of him.

"Who whishes to have the honor of throwing this at the Royal Fool?"

Nuhrive closed her eyes. No one was going to say it this time. It was just the adults today; there were no little children to volunteer.

Harlon looked around desperately and chanced to look up, catching Nuhrive's eye before she could duck down. His eyes pleaded with her silently for a moment and she made up her mind. She jumped down the rickety stairs, leaving the gasping Sultir hissing after her.

"Nuhrive? What are you doing? Nuhrive!?"

She ignored him and burst into the hall to the shocked gazes if the courtiers and Harlons smile as he began improvising.

"Ah, and here comes my beautiful assistant! Nuhrive, No one will toss my pie!" Here Harlon made a mock sad face before handing her the said pie. Glancing up at the gallery, the elfmaiden caught a glimpse of Sultir's horrified expression and knew exactly what he meant.

My parents are really not going to like this...