View Single Post
Old 01-13-2001, 06:35 PM   #3
lindil
Seeker of the Straight Path

lindil has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<font face="Verdana"><table><TR><TD><FONT SIZE="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Wight
</TD><TD></TD></TR></TABLE>
DoV

Actually Saulotus , the quote about pulling out your DoV was [foolishly dor my part it is now revealed ] in jest. I thought you had already given us your versions! I quite agree w/ holding back till the discussion phase , so that the group process thing can work itself out. I assume yours is a MT version?

I would be interested to know , as this is part of what I envision as necesarry pre-editing discussion,:
how did you handle the inclusion of the Finwe and Miriel material ? it seems to throw alll other versions into a bit of disarray. I am still going through X to get the gist of all the versions and what has been shifted , so i may be missing the obvious .

Mithadan , any early obsevations of the X version to guide my reading abit?
durelen , M. is sending you a copy?

lindil

"What then was this hope , if you know ?" Finrod asked "They say" answered Andreth :" they say that the One will himself enter into Arda , and heal Men and all the Marring from the begining to the end." Lindil is often found on posting on the 'New Revised Standard' Silmarillion at the Barrowdowns discussion board. </p>
The dwindling Men of the West would often sit up late into the night exchanging lore & wisdom such as they still possessed that they should not fall back into the mean estate of those who never knew or indeed rebelled against the Light.
lindil is offline   Reply With Quote