View Single Post
Old 10-21-2009, 03:44 PM   #501
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
After the Saeryn, Thornden, and nobles went inside Matrim and Raedwald closed the doors to the Hall. The horsemen looked at one another, muttering. Erbrand still held Kara’s hand. She did not look frightened, but Erbrand did not look frightened either even though he was sick to his stomach with fear. It suddenly occurred to Erbrand that all this standing around was making the members of Scarburg look very foolish and inhospitable.

“Kara, go find Leof. Our guests and their horses have ridden long today and both will need water.”

She offered a faint smile, perhaps hesitant to leave his side, though more likely hesitant to walk through the line of soldiers to get to the stables. Nevertheless, Kara went, rather swiftly, through the soldiers. Several of them dismounted and stared after her, Erbrand could hear their scattered, unflattering, laughter; he felt like he needed to divert their attention.

Erbrand walked briskly down the steps and approached the riders. “Hey there.” He cried to no one in particular. Most of the riders ignored him, but few turned.

“You’ve ridden far today I see.” No response.

“You are welcome to step down from your horses and rest.” Erbrand’s sentences were becoming increasingly awkward. However, a few riders took his advice and approached him. One soldier in particular, a tall muscular fellow with a long bushy beard, approached him; the soldier ungloved his hand and held it out.

“Grimhelm.” The soldier’s voice was low and dry, absolutely absent of emotion.

“Pardon?”

“My name is Grimhelm.”

“Oh! I’m Erbrand and on behalf of my Lord and Lady I welcome you to Scarburg.”

Despite Erbrand’s enthusiasm Grimhelm simply looked at the hall, taking in his surroundings.

“Where is your lord? I did not see him.”

“He has taken sick and gone to Edoras for treatment.” Grimhelm nodded his head and silently went to find a seat on the steps.

Last edited by Groin Redbeard; 10-22-2009 at 09:14 AM.