View Single Post
Old 09-24-2002, 09:52 AM   #69
Birdland
Ghastly Neekerbreeker

Birdland has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

The Dolphin sprang from the sea and morphed into woman form in mid-air, landing on the deck and immediately striding towards Pio, Mith and Ancalimon. "Ulmo take you all to the Halls of Mandos! And you can take that great, gilded Wyrm with you!"

"Woman, hold your tongue, and mind who you curse." Mithadan glowered at the angry skinchanger.

"I WILL NOT!" Birdie stood on tiptoe and glared eye-to-eye at the Man. "Be a dragon. Don't be a dragon. Birdie, change to this. Birdie change to that. I've tried to do everything I've been told to on this journey, and all I ever hear are complaints!"

"I never wanted that form, you know. It's freakishly hard to control. And dangerous. But I did it for you!" She shot her finger, one at a time, at Pio, Mith, Khelek, Veritas and Ancalimon. "You Elves, and Half-Elves, and Quarter Elves, and Whatever in Arda you all are. You said you wanted dragons, I gave you a dragon. And as thanks that great, brassy beast YELLS at me. And shoots FIRE at me. ME!"

"And as if that wasn't enough, The next thing I'm seeing is ANOTHER Dragon! You want a Dragon? I'LL give you a Dragon." And before the aghast crew there stood on the deck a gigantic half woman/half dragon form, with streaming black and white hair flagging in the wind over massive silver wings. It crossed it's black scaled arms across its chest, and tapped its taloned foot on the deck. "There. Happy?"

A small voice came calling from off the water. "Could we settle this later. We've no boat, and we're floating in the water, here."

Birdie strode over to the rail and shouted down into the water at the mass of Hobbrim surrounding Cami and Rose. "Oh, really? Well you should of thought of that before you decided to use burning pitch on a wooden skiff!"

[ September 24, 2002: Message edited by: Birdland ]