View Single Post
Old 09-25-2002, 06:55 PM   #78
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Sting

Mithadan halted his march down the hall and turned to face the Hobbit, who now wished that she had not tried to catch the Man. "Yes, Daisy?" he said in irritation.

"I'm sorry," said Daisy. "But Pio asked me to give you a message last night but I couldn't find you and I went to my cabin to wait for her because she was going to tell me a story and stay with me but I fell asleep and..." She halted her speech breathlessly for a moment.

"And?" prompted Mithadan.

"She said that she needed to speak with Levanto about something and swam to shore. That's what I was supposed to tell you," she replied. "But she said she would come back and sleep with me last night and she never returned!" The Hobbit looked on the verge of tears.

"Come now, Daisy," said Mithadan. "Its alright. Now I know where she is and I'm sure that she's fine with Levanto. They had a lot to speak about I'm sure."

Daisy seemed relieved that Mithadan was not angry and smiled. The Man smiled back, then turned away to walk up to the deck. But as he turned, his face shifted from a smile to a mask of concern.