View Single Post
Old 05-01-2002, 05:13 PM   #49
Lanniae of the Axe
Haunting Spirit

Lanniae of the Axe has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Whoa.

Being a Tolkien fan?

That is one of the questions of life. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

It's when you pour over the Books night and day, when you compare addicting drugs to the One Ring, when you start to look for the qualities of your favorite LOTR characters in people you choose to date, when you get all the little Burger King action figures even though you're too old to play with them, when you have pics from the movie all over your wall, when you have two copies of the Books (one for highliting and dog-earing and one you almost never take down it is so, well, PRECIOUS to you), when you spend half of your day on theonering.net and the other half on the barrowdowns, when you write fanfiction up the wahzoo, when you, well, when you get the Tshirt off the onering.net that has the "Top Ten Signs You Are a Tolkien Fan" on it (including such sayings as 'applying rogaine to your feet to appear more hobbitish' and 'changing your name to Strider and hang around taverns pestering short people').

Wow, that was a long sentance! Go me, guys!

Being a Tolkien fan is just well...

It's more than obsession.

It's more than lust. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

It's more than just plain sick.

It's just, well, being a Tolkien fan!

*Speaking of this, today in school we had to do an English excersize that was all about JRR Tolkien and LOTR! It was a lovely experiance, although now I look back on it, people were probably laughing at me, gasping for air as I was amidst the verbs and adjectives!* [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]