View Single Post
Old 02-06-2004, 02:07 AM   #211
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: On the sand dunes outside of Ilium, watching it burn.
Everdawn has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Avanill

Avanill lingered in front of Rauthain and his horse for a while, contemplating whether he had done the right thing or not. But all he knew at present was that he wanted to go home, way south in his homeland of Minhiriath.I hate to admit it he thought as he stood before the ranger, but I should have listened to my mother And now a feeling of shame passed over his brow, after all she had taught him, and the fact that she had lived for so long in his line of work for Avanill to go against everything Atantri had said was all in all a Blasphemy against her.

In his mind, Avanill hoped Barrold was having better luck with Naiore, he smiled at the thought of Barrold struck dumb under the tree. Now that was certainly the mark of Atantri, and her son had taken up her signature way of escape. And he would have been fine, if it were not for the ranger. If it had not been for Rauthain, Avanill would be out of another fight. It was true that it would be easier to kill him, but Avanill was not like that. Why should he kill this man who has done no harm to him?

Now however, it seemed that Avanill had dug a hole deeper for himself, now he had said that he was in pursuit for Vanwe and that Barrold had killed his sister. Avanill figured that he would be able to get away with most of it, now that it was that he had no malicious intent upon any of Naiore’s party, or even Naiore herself. He did hope, however, that if he was discovered, they would no find out about Tallas. At any rate, they could not convict him. There was no evidence to suggest he had even killed him. It would be Vanwe who would be the undoing of him, though Avanill could argue the influence of Naiore.

The more he thought of it the more Avanill began to worry, but he was cool of character and did not show it easily. Presently though, Rauthain had begun to move, and Avanill followed. “Ranger, shall you have the elf’s blood or shall I?” It was a demure comment but spirit lifting all the same, he drew his sword again and followed the ranger and his horse.

~My lord, Éomer~

Last edited by piosenniel; 03-12-2004 at 04:01 PM.