View Single Post
Old 12-11-2007, 10:35 AM   #66
Dimturiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Dimturiel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Dimturiel Send a message via Yahoo to Dimturiel
Erling had sighed with relief when he realised the group would soon set out, even if that meant only looking around town for now. Even that was a start, and he hoped there would be no more uncertain talk or rash remarks to delay them. He wanted to leave, he wanted to think they were actually doing something, not merely sitting and talking while that thing was at large.

Hearing Sam suggesting Edin Cengal as a source of information, he could not help nodding in agreement. Edin was a friend of his father, and Erling had heard many things about him. He knew that Master Cengal was said to have sharp eyes and to observe things most of the Breelanders ignored. Yet he also knew that Edin was quite proud, and he was sure the sight of Kuric-and most of all, of his attitude-would not please him much, or maybe it would even make him feel too suspicious to say anything. Therefore, when Sam suggested they should have another Breelander accompanying him and Kuric to Cengal, he did not hesitate to volunteer.

“I wish to go with you,” he announced, getting up. “You see, master Cengal knows me slightly, and I think I could persuade him to be open to us.”

With that he got up and headed for the door. There he stopped and looked from Kuric to Sam, a questioning expression in his eyes:

“We are going now, right?” he asked, on a slightly uncertain tone.