View Single Post
Old 07-24-2020, 03:34 PM   #162
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
The other 2 times I did this was manh years ago, and I recorded it playing from my laptop on my laptop, and the sound quality really went down. I am hoping the phone will be better.
There are a couple of options for recording direct from your computer, without needing to run it through the speakers. But I was assuming any music software would let you output an audio file of some description?

(Alternately, if you can export the sheet music as a MusicXML (xml / mxl), MIDI, or .mscz file, I've got a website that should be able to play it back for me to re-record.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
The other part of it is that I can record myself sing simultaneously with the music. However, that does mean I need to sing all the parts myself (and I was writing Melian's lines with that in mind, putting them without overlap on Thingol's). But if you volunteer to do Thingol, I an try to record music and voice separately, and if you prefer can even change the notes to make them like they sing in V2 with Melian starting on the same beat as Thingol finishes. That would probanly be another day of work though, the shoft would be a slow process.
I volunteer as Thingol. But no need to muck about with the overlap, unless you think it sounds spectacularly better. And in fact, the website in question should let me/you shift things around relatively painlessly (ie, cut/paste)... I'm looking at Flat.io, if you're interested.

So yeah, the ideal situation from my perspective would be two files:

-Audio of the music, output by the software without running through a microphone.
-Recording of you singing, probably into a phone.

Then I can add some suitably comedic Thingolling and splice it all together.

(I realise I'm probably teaching grandmother to suck eggses, but I'm tired and a bit vague on what you have available, so.)

hS
Huinesoron is offline   Reply With Quote