View Single Post
Old 07-07-2003, 12:08 PM   #20
Cúdae
Wight

Cúdae has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Cúdae
Sting

Quote:
Maybe another them is that we must be humble lest we are manipulated by the evil one...do you understand?
Perfectly so, but I am not sure I agree with you. I haven't read the Silmarillion cover-to-cover in awhile (most of my Sil reading has lately been bits and pieces for fanfic writing), but if my memeory serves me correctly, which is may very well not, some of those who Melkor/Morgoth and (later) Sauron corrupted did not seem overly prideful or ambitious people to begin with. Rather, these sides of them were brought to the surface and strengthened and, in most cases, ultimately became their downfall.

Quote:
What is the Akallebeth? I've heard of the Silmarillion and the Unfinished Tales, but what is that? I bet this isn't the right forum either, but since it was just mentioned...
The Akallebeth is a section (I think it is the last one) within the Silmarillion detailing the downfall of Numenor. It's one of my personal favorite parts within the Silmarillion. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]