View Single Post
Old 12-06-2009, 08:45 PM   #2106
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
And I should note here, I know most of the people are from the "old" Scarburg, but you must take into account that the "new" people know nothing about the original inhabitants at all, and even if they don't have any prejudices or bad attitude towards the "old" people, if all they hear is "they speak nastily to lord Athanar", "they gainsay to authorities" and "they fight with the Lord's sons", oh my, we are really just creating the gap between the "old" and "new" ones...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groin Redbeard View Post
Indeed, but the same goes for the newcomers. After all, these brawls never broke out until the newcomers came to town. So much tradition in one day is being tossed aside. I do not know about you, but I HATE it when a good working system is tossed aside, especially when it is to dabble in something that is uncertain of success. As long as our characters feel as if they are being stepped on, they'll bite the heel of person who stepped on them!
Great points, both of you - points which I had already considered. Something I love is that many of the new characters also have new writers, who also know very little about the old characters, which means that the writers may well have some of the same misconceptions as the characters. It's awesome.

Quote:
Folwren's characters will be of great importance in this new hall. For the future, my characters will try to do a little more bonding with the newcomers (Lithor has already made enough enemies). Though such obvious bullying by Athanar's sons would be punished, even in the old hall.
Eh, I'm trying. Poor Lithor. The thing that gets me the most is that he is just trying to make friends, and everyone keeps taking him wrong and making him an enemy. That would be a sore trial for anyone.
Such bullying would be punished, even in the old hall, you are right. I think that it would have been interesting to see what Eodwine's reaction would have been. I, for one, think that Saeryn will be very, very angry. If nothing is done about them, it will be hard for her to hold Javan (who appears to have been guilty of a similar crime of bullying Aedre) to a higher standard, when Athanar's own sons are permitted to do something like this to Lithor. But I speak too swiftly - we don't yet know what is going to happen.

-- Foley

EDIT: Adding - I hope you post something, Groin, tonight (or soon) before Thornden and Wynflaed come out. But, then again, I guess it's really Lommy who needs to post for the two W's next. (I don't know if I'll ever be able to remember their names.) Is she still alive in WW? I think she needs to be voted off/lynched. *innocent whistling face*