View Single Post
Old 07-17-2006, 09:35 AM   #414
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Important. Please Read.

Count this as hearing from me again.

I gathered information last night and organized it in a very clear way that was much upsetting. Which is why I paused the game until I could work a few things out.

A very brief glimpse of our co-writers's lives right now shows busy work, busy lives, business with school and with friends, Internet-less extensive travel, real life emergencies, conflict that makes writing hard.

These issues are not limited to individuals, but have come up with us all. They are just a few examples of my concern.

It appears to me that very few of us (certainly less than the majority) have the time and ability right now to dedicate themselves to this story. I would not see it tangent away from itself due to characters falling into shadow at their masters' absence. I would not see the story stagnate into ruin.

My proposed solution is that, until we can all get ourselves into an order better in which to participate, we kill the game. September or October seem a good time to bring it back.

This is where you guys come in. I want responses, and I want them honest.

If we put the game on hiatus until we can sort our lives into something conducive to writing, will we lose interest in the game? Will it be possible to stop the game and restart it, as a team working together, with a better ability to participate, later on?

Or, will the coma that I want to put it in slip into a silent death while we attend to other things?

Please answer. I prefer the idea of simply stopping the game until we can give it the attention that it deserves. What do you think? Will it help, or will it hurt?