View Single Post
Old 03-19-2006, 12:24 PM   #128
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Thornden smiled and laughed slightly as he sat back in his chair. "I'll warrant it does little good asking me how well she does, sir!" he said. "As long as the food is hot and edible, I'll eat it without much fuss. I must say, Frodides does something of a marvelous job, though. . .maybe you could keep her a while yet and maybe talk her into letting some of her secrets slip to Kara?"

He doubted such a thing could actually be done. Some cooks were perfect mules when it came to telling other people how they made their pie or their sauce or their something the best in the land. Secrets, they called them. But what was the good of knowing how to cook well if you never taught anyone else?

He chuckled to himself again and shook his head. A short pause fell and he looked out at the steady dripping rain. "Linduial came into the stables while I was there," he said. "She asked Leof for some assistance. It appears as though she's expecting to stay some while and will be trying to make herself more at home. Is this the case, sir? Is she to be here long? I guess the stay may be of unknown length, so long as her guardian is not doing well. How is he ,do you know? I haven't seen him much these past few days. . . is he still confined to his bed?'