View Single Post
Old 03-22-2006, 04:46 PM   #134
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Brothers... Saeryn let memories capture her for only a moment before responding, still caught in the light and freshness of childhood.

"Yes... two brothers and a sister. Degas, the younger of the brothers, is my twin, though he is taller than me, and broader about the shoulders in that typical brotherly fashion, with hair darker red and tied in horsetails most often, and he is the sort to make the ladies of Minas Tirith swoon as he plays reminiscent and sad melodies of times long past, wars long fought, and romances long since forgotten for his own contentment on the white walls of the city under the dying sun... or at least that's how he tells it, most especially if there are new ladies present for wooing." Saeryn smiled to think of her chivalrous and charismatic twin, casting her worry for him away. She would not fret over him, though he'd been gone without word for many days.

"Where are these siblings? Do they follow your lead and ride abroad?" asked Lin, savoring the gentle bite of Saeryn's candy on her tongue. "I would guess you a traveller such as myself, but travellers do not often come to play hostess in the halls of a lord, or at least not that I have seen or heard. How did you aquire your father's leave to go? How did you come to be here?"

Saeryn looked into the fire.

"My parents died long ago. My eldest brother is lord of our lands. I do not have his leave. Rather am I here by the courtesy of Mistress Bethberry, and here I remain under the protection and with the lasting friendship of the Lord. My sister is dead, my eldest brother distant, I can only hope, and my twin's whereabouts are utterly unknown, though most of that which he brought with him to Gondor resides now in the room beside this and all that is gone from here is his horse and, of course, himself."