View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 10:20 AM   #26
Faramir Jones
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Faramir Jones is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Faramir Jones is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Silmaril Fëanor was 'hot'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
But Feanor is so awesome! I don't think he's particularly hot, though. Fire-y, rather. But not "hot" in the sense of particularly good-looking. And yes, he was quite mad, but he is also the greatest of the Children of Iluvatar in the history of Arda. He's a madman, but he's got greatness.
I have to correct you here, Galadriel. Fëanor was very good-looking, if Chapter 6 of The Silmarillion is anything to go by:

He was tall, and fair of face, and masterful, his eyes piercingly bright and his hair raven-dark; in the pursuit of all his purposes eager and steadfast....He became of all the Noldor, then or after, the most subtle in mind and the most skilled in hand. (My italics)

In Chapter 11 we read this:

For Fëanor was made the mightiest in all parts of body and mind, in valour, in endurance, in beauty, in understanding, in skill, in strength and in subtlety alike, of all the Children of Ilúvatar, and a bright flame was in him. (My italics)

While everyone agrees that Lúthien Tinúviel was the most beautiful of the Children of Ilúvatar, it looks as if Fëanor wasn't far behind; and he had the great addition to his good looks of being the cleverest and most artistic of all the Children.
Faramir Jones is offline   Reply With Quote