View Single Post
Old 05-29-2004, 06:34 PM   #207
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
"And whom do I have the pleasure of meeting on this fair day?" asked the Dwarf. Lily frowned so briefly that unless one had been watching her they would have missed it. Didn't Willow already introduce us? she thought. Oh, well. Maybe he didn't hear.

"Nice to meet you, Master Dīm," Lily said, smiling once more. "My name is Lily, and this is Willow, and Mira." She surveyed Dīm up and down. He looked young for a Dwarf, but well-travelled. His cloak was worn and travel-stained. His cart was heavy-laden, presumably with packages from his travels. Lily had met several Dwarves in Bree, most of them journeying to and from their mines in the Blue Mountains. Some of them were good and polite folk, but others of them were down-right rascals. She deemed Dīm to be of the former group. Lily felt rather sorry for his mule though, pulling that heavy cart all by itself, and probably for long distances. She scrached the mule's whiskery nose, and when she stopped, he nudged her for more. Poor guy. Hopefully Dīm will be staying at the Dragon for a while - then he would get some rest, she thought.

"I suppose you will be staying at the Green Dragon, Master Dīm? Will you be staying long?" asked Lily. As she waited for his answer, she wrapped her cloak around her tightly against the chilly breeze that came up, bringing a heavier mist with it. I suppose it will rain again soon, she thought sullenly. It's not raining now, be thankful for that.