View Single Post
Old 10-28-2003, 08:14 PM   #11
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Finwe has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Finwe
Sting

I really think it's disgusting when people try to cover up their insecurities by twisting works of literature to their own dastardly meanings. It truly shows how insecure those people are. If they considered themselves better than the rest of the world, then why aren't they "in power"? The reason is that they're too damn lazy to get off their butts and work for a decent living, and get "rich and powerful" the honest way. The Jews didn't have to terrorize anyone to get their prosperity (in the Middle Ages). No. They got that prosperity by their own merits, and I admire them for that. Tolkien admired them for that. I daresay, after receiving that questionnaire from the Nazi government about his background, he was ashamed of his German name. If an author as inspiring and far-seeing as Tolkien can be branded a racist, then Eru alone knows who else will be branded as one. If the noble Professor has been branded a racist, then I, his insignificant follower, desperately trying to be inspired by the ideals that he lived by, taught, and wrote about, am proud to share that same brand.
But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.
Finwe is offline   Reply With Quote